Well it’s been interesting transferring drawings to readymade objects to say the least. But so far so good with the exception of a few accidents which kept delaying the project. There is nothing like nearing completion only to see it fall apart in your hands ha ha
This sculpture was made for the ‘Woof Woof’ exhibit at Gallery Yampu, Port Adelaide for the annual SALA festival. Opens August 9th and I hope to see you there!
A bit of prep work for a possible Fringe project this February involving a shipping container. I made some objects out of used cardboard for a diorama, and it felt like I was working on a miniature theatre set. A lot of fun to do 😃
This weekend not only includes the Port Festival, with its arts, crafts, music, history and kids activities but also a new art market on Victoria Square in the Adelaide CBD. The weather forecast is looking good, time to get out there! 🙂
R/R is taking part in a Steampunk Expo at the National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide. More info below:
Saturday 13th (9.30am – 9pm) and Sunday 14th September (9.30am – 4.30pm)
The romance of rail and steam collide with the imaginative and inventive world of Steampunk at the National Railway Museum Steampunk Expo. Join us for a weekend of fun and unique experiences:
• Steam trains Peronne and Bub (until 4.30pm each day)
See and experience:
• The Museum by night. Smoke machines and music will add to the atmosphere – make sure to bring your camera. The Museum’s main pavilion will be open until 9pm on Saturday 13th.
• Dress up in Steampunk costume and make the most of the amazing photo opportunities around the Museum.
• Archers Arcadia Amazing Mechanical Performers art exhibition
• Steampunk derailed: Art Inspired by the World of Steampunk group art exhibition
• Steampunk group and Ghost Tour stands.
Eat and drink:
• From 5pm on Saturday enjoy the character of the Cafe Car, bring your own evening high tea or picnic. Coffee and tea will be available by donation in the Cafe Car.
• Onsite coffee van during daytime hours.
• Adults $10
• Concession and child (3 – 15yrs) $4.50
• Members and child (under 3yrs) FREE
• Steam train Bub ride FREE
• Steam train Peronne ride, adults $3
These two paintings/sculptures are an extension of the boat models I made last year, themselves based on old tug boats. They feature painted timber offcuts, cardboard and a small amount of woodcarving.