Had these stools hanging around the studio for months before this project, it’s always a good feeling when an object gains a new life. The funny thing is that the final design turned out to be the simplest idea but came about last during the brainstorming process.
A bit of a delayed post as I think the social media game wiped me out last year. This was a great project to design, make and it included a bit of learning too. No nails or screws in this one folks, just dowel joins which for me at least results in a much cleaner finish. Also for once there was just enough timber to complete the piece!
Here was a fun little project which allowed me to use a new gadget, and I love those! Especially when they actually work haha. I wanted to use dowel joins only in this quite minimal piece as I like the finish better than caps or putty. I’m aiming to use this technique as much as possible in the future. The orange oil finish made the piece blend in with the floor boards which was unexpected but the customer is happy 😊
Join us at the National Railway Museum Port Adelaide this weekend, one of my pieces is included in the event 😃👌🏻🚞🎨
A bit of prep work for a possible Fringe project this February involving a shipping container. I made some objects out of used cardboard for a diorama, and it felt like I was working on a miniature theatre set. A lot of fun to do 😃
Finally completed recently and looking very nice with a Scandinavian matt varnish finish. The lamp comes from the Port Adelaide National Railway Museum and complements the timber really well I think. The tricky bit was carrying this upstairs while not damaging it ha ha, one heavy piece! 😳😉😃
By a strange coincidence, I got given an old shed door in the same week I needed materials for a bed head. Perfect size for the project but this is getting heavier by the day 😃